Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

William Hussey

dunmore44

I found my relative William Hussey, 1st Royal Munster Fusiliers, entry in the soldiers died in the Great War CD, I noticed that he and quite a few other soldiers from his battalion who were KIA 21/22 August 1915 under the heading additional information: It states Former Lancers of the Line. Any ideas anyone

• 1 month later...
Guest paddyodoor
I found my relative William Hussey, 1st Royal Munster Fusiliers, entry in the soldiers died in the Great War CD, I noticed that he and quite a few other soldiers from his battalion who were KIA 21/22 August 1915 under the heading additional information: It states Former Lancers of the Line. Any ideas anyone

He was a posting to the Ist Musters who had lost about 600 Officers and Men during the end of April 1915 at the landings on 'V' Beach at Gallipoli. On the 20th of August the reformed 1st Munsters landed at Suvla Bay nad he would have been killed/died near Chocolate Hill. Lancers of the line were men who joined up and expected to be trained and posted to a horse regiment but as the war wore on they were used to fill the ranks of Infantry regiments

He was a posting to the Ist Musters who had lost about 600 Officers and Men during the end of April 1915 at the landings on 'V' Beach at Gallipoli. On the 20th of August the reformed 1st Munsters landed at Suvla Bay nad he would have been killed/died near Chocolate Hill. Lancers of the line were men who joined up and expected to be trained and posted to a horse regiment but as the war wore on they were used to fill the ranks of Infantry regiments

many thanks for the info, and welcome to the forum