Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

48th Division (3rd Ypres)

GJB

I'm trying to trace an aid post that might have treated a family member that died of wounds 4th Oct 1917.

He was originally buried at Vacher farm, trench map, 20(SE3)V.26.d.7.2. and I am guessing that he received his wounds the same day as he died.

Sgt. Frank Palmer, C coy, 1/5th glousters, 145th (South Midland) Brigade, 48th Division, Maxse's XVIII Corps, 5th Army. (etc, etc, piece of info which might help, but sounds impressive)

The 48th were involved with the battle of Broodseine on the 4th Oct. just north of the Anzacs.

Gary

Hello Gary and Kevin,

Do you have a photograph of your relative? We are still looking for lot's of files on the Third Ypres Casualties with a photograph. More info is here:

kind regards,

Jan

archives@passchendaele.be

Hi Jan,

At the moment I don't have any photos or personal info on Frank Palmer, but I have tried to contact his closer family to see if they have anything which might help if so I'll be happy to pass it on.

Gary

Hi Gary,

Maybe there is something mentioned in the war diary of that day on the aidpost? Have you looked into that already?

Kind regards,

Jan

Hi Jan,

I haven't had chance to look-up anything on the aid post yet and I haven't got a copy of C coy 1/5 Glosters diary (if it exists) only A coy. Maybe someone out there might help or I'll have to find the time to go through it. Probably my best option would be a trip to Gloucester to look through the newspaper archives.

Gary

Ps. On Hols soon so its unlikely to be for a month or so.