Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

MIC Help please.

eddsy

Hi

I wondered if anyone can help decipher the information on this MIC. I notice there are a few little notes or symbols added just wanted to know if they mean anything.

Many thanks

Edds

• 2 weeks later...

Cant help per say Edds but seeing as though no one else can either, I can have a look at the Medal Rolls when at TNA if you like? May enlighten things? Mail me what you have on him & Ill see what i can do ...

steve@bedfordregiment.org.uk

Eddsy.

I took the liberty of pasting the image straight to the board. Just incase some members haven't got access to MS Word.

I assume you know the "Basics". :)

A/Bombardier 67207 Thomas Wannop R.F.A.

The "Code" in the column marked "Roll" refers to the actual medal roll into which the entry is listed.

The "Code" in the column marked "Page" refers to the actual page within the roll mentioned.

The do ~~ do alongside the word "British" just means "Ditto", and that the BWM and VM medals are entered in the same medal roll, which is usually the case.

First entered the Theatre of War "France" on 25th Sept 1915.

The funny little symbol alongside the Victory entry relates to the comment in the "Remarks" section, but I can't quite make out what it says.

Something like "Res OK", whatever that means.

Not much help really. :(

Mark.

post-5468-1134410080.jpg

Eddsy.

I took the liberty of pasting the image straight to the board. Just incase some members haven't got access to MS Word.

I assume you know the "Basics". :)

A/Bombardier 67207 Thomas Wannop R.F.A.

The "Code" in the column marked "Roll" refers to the actual medal roll into which the entry is listed.

The "Code" in the column marked "Page" refers to the actual page within the roll mentioned.

The do ~~ do alongside the word "British" just means "Ditto", and that the BWM and VM medals are entered in the same medal roll, which is usually the case.

First entered the Theatre of War "France" on 25th Sept 1915.

The funny little symbol alongside the Victory entry relates to the comment in the "Remarks" section, but I can't quite make out what it says.

Something like "Res OK", whatever that means.

Not much help really. :(

Mark.

Dear Steve and Mark

Many thanks for taking the time to post your comments.

I have no additional information I just have the medal. It sbeen in the family a long time and was wondering if it was a relative.

A merry christmas to you both.

Best Regards

Edds