Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Kings Liverpool

Guest cynth

Hi

Please can someone help ?.

I am looking for any info re my Uncle who served with the Kings Liverpool in 1918.

He was originally from Cumberland & I am curious to know if he was transferred from another regiment. As he was only 19 when killed in 1918 he must have either volunteered or was conscripted after the war had begun. I am also interested in any history of regiments he may have served in.

His father was the MP for Workington Cumberland.

His details from the CWGC site are

Jonathan Hodgson Cape 53847 13th batallion Kings Liverpool Regiment.

Killled in action in France 28/03/1918. Age 19.

Named on the Arras War memorial.

Any info appreciated especially relating to enlistment.

Hope someone can help.

Cynth

cynth,

Soldiers Died says he enlisted in Workington.

Get in touch with the King's Regiment (Museum)

Museum of Liverpool Life, Mann Island, Pier Head, Liverpool, L4 AA

They'll run a check through their database. If you have any further info or photos etc etc then let them know, they will add any info you have to their database and a photo if you have one.

They may take a bit of time but they'll get to you eventually.

The Kings Regiment website is: http://www.kingsregiment.org/

Hope that is of some help.

Blueblood :)

Thanks for that Blueblood. I didn't know if he was working in Liverpool at the time he enlisted, but I now think he may have been moved from a local (Cumberland) regiment. I will certainly try th Kings address you have given.

Cheers

Cynth

Cynth

You can download his MIC from here

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/documen...1&resultcount=3

for £3.50

This should give you some more information about his service

Hello Cynth,

I too am researching a soldier who may well have served alongside your uncle,

Private Michael Mulryan, 13 th Battalion,Kings Liverpool Regiment,20961 Died 28/3/1918,named at Arras.

I have e-mailed Liverpool Museum in the hope of some further detail.Can anyone here help?many thanks.

Hello Cynth,

I too am researching a soldier who may well have served alongside your uncle,

Private Michael Mulryan, 13 th Battalion,Kings Liverpool Regiment,20961 Died 28/3/1918,named at Arras.

I have e-mailed Liverpool Museum in the hope of some further detail.Can anyone here help?many thanks.

Hi Greefie

I have friends in Liverpool who are visiting the Liverpool museum on my behalf. I will post any info re the 13th batallion that they send me. Did your soldier enlist in Liverpool or another town ?

Have you got the info from the War Graves Commision site ?

Good luck

Cynth

Hi Greefie

I have friends in Liverpool who are visiting the Liverpool museum on my behalf. I will post any info re the 13th batallion that they send me. Did your soldier enlist in Liverpool or another town ?

Have you got the info from the War Graves Commision site ?

Good luck

Cynth

Hi Cynth

I hope your friends visit is productive.I am awaiting a reply by way of e-mail from Liverpool Museum,I'll let you know if anything interesting comes of it.The Soldier I'm interested in may have enlisted in Manchester or Liverpool.I have downloaded a copy of his MIC,and he is remembered on the Commonwealth War Graves web-site,it says his name is on Bay 3 at Arras, I'm not entirely clear what that means. Good Luck with your friend's visit,Im presume you do not live close to Liverpool,a trip over for me would be an hour or so on the M62,I may well go sometime in the new year.

Hi Cynth

I hope your friends visit is productive.I am awaiting a reply by way of e-mail from Liverpool Museum,I'll let you know if anything interesting comes of it.The Soldier I'm interested in may have enlisted in Manchester or Liverpool.I have downloaded a copy of his MIC,and he is remembered on the Commonwealth War Graves web-site,it says his name is on Bay 3 at Arras, I'm not entirely clear what that means. Good Luck with your friend's visit,Im presume you do not live close to Liverpool,a trip over for me would be an hour or so on the M62,I may well go sometime in the new year.

Hi Greefie

My Uncles name is at Bay 3 as well. I think they were probably both killed in the same offensive.

If you Google Arras memorial pas-de-calais it gives a good description of the memorial and facts surrounding it.

Hope you are watching 'Not Forgotten' channel 4 , 9pm , Sundays.

Cheers Cynth