Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

A look up request on SDGW cd

Will O'Brien

I have a favour to ask. I would be obliged if someone could do a lookup for me on SDGW.

I've been tracking down this chap Sapper Frederick John Jackson. He served with the Oxford & Bucks LI & then the Royal Engineers. He died of Malaria on the 12th November 1918 & was buried in Ramleh War Cemetery. Last time I had access to SDGW I couldn't find him either under Royal Engineers or the Oxford & Bucks. I have now ascertained that the 15th Field Company he served with remained on the Western Front throughout the war. As he is buried in Israel the only option I can see is that he was attached or transferred to another unit. As Icouldn't find him on SDGW I had an idea that he may be listed under the unit he was transferred to. Could some kind soul do a check for any F Jacksons' who died on 12th November 1918.

Many thanks

Will

Will

No luck I'm afraid. The only man of that name was kia with 13th Rifle Brigade in 1917. No F Jackson's fit the criteria on any date, and even reversing the initials does not work.

Terry Reeves

Will,

If Terry couldn't find him then no-one can!

The nearest that I got to possibly your man was:

Sapper 470321 Frederick Jackson

Royal Engineers

Born: ?

Enlisted: Jarrow-on-Tyne, Co. Durham

KIA France and Flanders 26/04/18

Supplementary note: 526th Field Company R.E.

Don’t know if that helps …..

Roy

Terry

Drat!! Foiled Again ;) - Many thanks for checking for me, it was a long shot I know. My guess is he was simply missed off (not uncommon is my understanding)

Roy - Different chap I'm afraid - never mind I WILL find out what he was doing in the Middle East eventually (ever the optimist!! :D )

Will