Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Hunting Amongst the War Graves

griffy

Walking down the Serre Road between Cemetery Number 1 and Number 2 on Sunday I was not surprised to hear two shots ring out having passed numerous hunters already.

I was however amazed to see a Frenchman inside the French Military Cemetery blasting away at something in one of the cemetery trees. He then precedded to stalk round, presumably looking for something else to kill. I suppose what a Frenchman does in a French cemety is up to him but I like to think that they do not behave like this in CWWG cemeteries!

Can you imagine what the Police would do in this country if people wandered round churchyards blasting away into the trees!

In retrospect, I should have asked him to go and hunt the man metal detecting 50 yards away from Serre Rd cemetery Number 3 who I had passed earlier.

In retrospect, I should have asked him to go and hunt the man metal detecting 50 yards away from Serre Rd cemetery Number 3 who I had passed earlier.

Zut alors!! :o:D:D

Guest Simon Bull

Following our recent debates on the Forum about inappropriate use of the cemeteries, this I do feel, by almost any set of beliefs or standards, to be an inappropriate use of them, not to mention that it must potentially be very dangerous!

• 2 weeks later...

That's a sight to spoil anyone's morning Simon. I mirror your sentiments. :lol: