Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Where are you?

Peter Beckett

It occurred to me(after picking my self up of the floor re the Pink Pants :D ) that it would be nice to know of any pals who live near me with a view to having an occasional get together. The main disadvantage of being so far away is one is extremely unlikely to meet a Pal (suitable attired and identified) within cooee of my home or even Melbourne which is 1 hrs drive away.

Peter ;)

If people go to their My Controls section, up the top of the page, then the Personal Profile section, they can enter the town/ country they are in, plus any other details.

The vast majority of members have not done this, as I discovered on looking for Australians & NZers

I agree. Everyone should give as much details as possible in their profile. It is always interesting to know a bit more about the person you're talking to.

Jan

Christine,

Yes I had noticed that also. Makes it hard to search for "locals".

Too bad you are also a bit far away.

The main reason I was wanting to meet "local" Pals was that after my trip to the Salient and the Somme I thoght how lucky are the Pals who live either on the continent or UK (Ireland as well) where they can meet, especially on the Battlefields. The camaraderie and friendship was incredible

Peter ;)

I would even say more: there is now an opportunity to add a picture of yourself in your profile. I'm the first to use this possibility apparently (and still the only one). Don't hesitate and add your picture (this message is especially meant for the 18-25 year old girls on this forum)! :lol:

Jan

no longer :ph34r:

Hi Peter

I'll let you know next time I'm in Melbourne. (With Fremantle in the AFL finals that could be soon :D )

If you are ever over in WA don't hesitate to let me know.

Cheers

Andrew

• 2 months later...

i think its a good idea perhaps all the pals could have a annuall meeting in whatever country they live in.

David, Ontario is not that far from Fayetteville, New York (outside of Syracuse). I have been to your city and will be back in the future. I see Canadian plates every day around here. Maybe we are not as far as we might think.

Ralph