Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

New Passchendaele Ceremony

BatterySergeantMajor

The new ceremony "Passion- Dale" on the 10th of November at Crest Farm Canadian Monument (18.00 hour sharp) seems to attract strong international interest.

A Canadian Army contingent from about 25 persons will attend, together with 4 Sqn ATC, a delegation from London Fire Brigade, several standards and school and adult groups.

Also two Army pipers,a local band and two buglers of the Last Post Association wil participate.

If you don't know where to go tomorrow.... ;)

Erwin

I would really have liked to be there, but unfortunately have obligations elsewhere. I am looking forward to see the pics at www.wo1.be. Hope all goes well and may the weather gods be with you.

regards,

Bert

Thanks Bert. I am not so sure about the weather, after the native people rain dances at St Julien last week. :lol:

Erwin

Erwin,

How did it go? It rained pretty bad as I was on my way from Ypres to Brussels the evening of the 10th so I hope you guys were all right. I couldn't find any pictures on www.wo1.be. Would you mind sharing some pictures with us?

regards,

Bert

Erwin,

How did it go? It rained pretty bad as I was on my way from Ypres to Brussels the evening of the 10th so I hope you guys were all right. I couldn't find any pictures on www.wo1.be. Would you mind sharing some pictures with us?

regards,

Bert

Hi Bert

It was a great ceremony and we were astonished by the interest. About 300 people attended, and there were some very emotional moments. Being responsable for the ceremony myself I wasn't able to make any pictures, but someone promised me that he would send some next week. I'll post them when available. Thanks for the interest.

Erwin

Erwin,

We all enjoyed the ceremony and the torch procession was a delight, when I get time to put up the photo's Seb took I'll post them for you (not sure how many he took).

Well done and we look forward to next year.

Mandy

Thanks. I am looking forward the photo's too.

You are all very wellcome next year. At that occasion an English soldier (Cheshires) will be commemorated as a result of this years ceremony.

Immediately after the event a woman from far in her eighties came to me with the story of her father whom she never really knew. I promised her that we will remember this man next year and am strongly hoping that she will be with us then.

The torch parade was indeed a very special moment and will stay an essential element of future "Passion- dale" commemorations.

Erwin

Erwin,

I have up loaded the pics but they are of no use I'm afraid, too dark.

Sorry.

Mandy

The evening was most moving and very well organised.

I just wanted to post this photo now and will post some more later.

Regards

John

Thanks John for the nice pictures and the nice compliment.

It gives people like Erwin the motivation to continue in what they are doing. MMP17 is suppurting them ofcourse

I am looking forward to see the pics at www.wo1.be

Sorry Erwin and Bert,

due to Sint-Maarten :D , we couldn't come on the 10th to Passendale :( .

Maybe someone can give permission to publish some of the pictures in this thread on www.wo1.be ?

Robert

Robert

If you care to PM me with an address, I would be more than happy to put a CD in the post to you on Friday, with all of the photos I took on the night. There are probably about 100 pictures, obviously some might not be usable, but at least you could select your own ones to use.

Kind regards

John

Sorry Erwin and Bert,

due to Sint-Maarten :D , we couldn't come on the 10th to Passendale :( .

Maybe someone can give permission to publish some of the pictures in this thread on www.wo1.be ?

Robert

Robert

If you publish it on "WO1", can you mention that this was the first edition of a new annual ceremony? See you next year: same date, time and place ;)

Erwin