Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

MGWAT Nov 2005

Soren

Hi Pal's,

As Tim is AWOL, and because I need something to take me mind away from dodgy Dutch 'arthouse' websites :rolleyes::o

I think we should go with Wilfred Owen, either any part of the battle, the 4 VC's, Owen's death, or whatever part of the action you would like! I have pasted the link to Paul Reeds thread, which is full of interesting info and photographs:

http://1914-1918.invisionzone.com/forums/i...showtopic=40724

This is the only other web source, which I think is quite detailed:

http://www.imperialservices.org.uk/sambre_canal.htm

Soren

My effort, in my sketchbook, so theres a big line down the middle!

I've avoided War Art for some time because it tends to make me depressed about my inability (though I did use to draw chickens for a living...). I've just dropped by for a top-up of gloom - and I think that is one of the best I've seen. There is something darkly gripping about it.

Just thought you'd like to know...

Adrian

Come on Spike I'm waiting for yours!

Mandy

Here's mine, it was drawn in pencil, but I tinted it sepia. I just seemed to fit better. It's less WO and more the Anthem for Doomed Youth....sorry :unsure: (changed to photobucket version)

wo1sepiatext.jpg

Edited by spike10764

Well done Spike.

• 2 weeks later...
again not my official entry, but something I'd been doodling with, Wilfreds body being carted off:

When is your official entry anticipated? :P Soren. Surely you don't want to split the vote again :rolleyes:

Edited by spike10764

Spike

Isn't it his first piece? I thought it was that one but maybe I'm wrong.

I like Spike's cunning plan to win. making all the other entries vanish like that.... :lol:

Steve.

Is a portraite ok.

Annette - That is quality.

Glyn

Damn, I can't make it vanish, Annette you may have won there :angry:

But as the man with the large cloak in the 70's ad says "I'll be Back...back..bac........"

Thanks for the comments. I did not notic that this months title is Battle of Sambre Canal, so do not count my work.

Annette

Thanks for the comments. I did not notic that this months title is Battle of Sambre Canal, so do not count my work.

Hello Annette

I think that your withdrawal from this months comp will be a big relief to the other entrants. You really do produce some very high quality art.

Andy

Hello Annette

I think that your withdrawal from this months comp will be a big relief to the other entrants. You really do produce some very high quality art.

Andy

We chose the Sambre canal as it happened to be on or around the day that Owen died (When the Nov MGWAT started), so a portrait is perfectly valid, I would have thought.

Heres mine

Annette

No, I think this should be included Annette. The topic was also WO and I think I speak for us all in saying it's too good to leave out

:D

I think we should postpone the vote until all the pictures can be seen( still a lot of big white squares with a red X in them for Soren).

Reckon you should set the poll up Soren, when your pictures return, and Annette's should be included. Last call for any new ones :D