Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

SOLDIERS OF THE GREAT WAR .

steve140968

:blink: This topic has probably been covered before so i do appoligise . I have recently finished researching my grandfather in the great war and am now looking for the next project . I don't know of any other family members who served but having looked on the national archives MIC index see that there are 20 entries with my unusual surname SHUREY . My problem is that of finding a link to see if any of these are related so i can start my next project . I'd be very surprised if none of these were related bearing in mind the spelling . Can anyone please provide me with some help to narrow down the field ! Regards , Steve .

Steve

You fool, you should never go looking for things to research...rest assured, they will come to you.

:D

Attached is a list of the 37 males with the surname Shurey in the 1901 census. Looking att their ages/places of birth/residence should give you a rough indication of whether they are related, and you may be able to link some of them with the MIC entries.

Incidentally, in the 2001 census, there were 214 people in England & Wales wit the surname Shurey.

;) Thanks Steve , this should get me started ! Steve .