Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

northumberland Fusiliers

nosaj

:huh: Help needed please regarding the wereabouts on the 7th July 1916 of the 11th Battalion NORTHUMBERLAND FUSILIERS, perhaps someone may have a copy of the war diary. The date suggest the somme but I cant find it in the BATTLE OF THE SOMME by gerald gliddon,information needed to confirm the whereabouts of a relative who told lies about his age and is named on the " THIEPVAL MEMORIAL". WATCHORN.C PTE 15745 Many Thanks,, nosaj

According to Ray Westlake's 'British Battalions on the Somme' the 11th Nf were invovled in an attack on Bailiff Wood, heavy machine gun fire from Contalmaison accounting for approx 264 casualties.

Thanks,

David

According to Ray Westlake's 'British Battalions on the Somme' the 11th Nf were invovled in an attack on Bailiff Wood, heavy machine gun fire from Contalmaison accounting for approx 264 casualties.

Thanks,

David

many thanks for that info Davin. Chris

Nosaj,

Sorry for not replying to this post much earlier, but I've been rather busy. Regarding the 11th Bn,N.F. War Diary, I do have the relevant pages for July 1916. If you still require them send me your e.mail addres and I'll forward them to you.

Graham.

Nosaj,

Sorry for not replying to this post much earlier, but I've been rather busy. Regarding the 11th Bn,N.F. War Diary, I do have the relevant pages for July 1916. If you still require them send me your e.mail addres and I'll forward them to you.

Graham.

Graham, Many thanks for you offer of a copy of the 11th Batt WAR DIARY. Chris. c.beeton@ntlworld.com

Thanks,

David

many thanks David for your help, no problems now. nosaj