Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Diaries from the Somme

themonsstar

Firsthand accounts of forty soldiers & others involved in perhaps WW1's hardest fought campaign, from 1 July to 19 November 1916.

Facsimiles & transcripts of entries from the original diaries held at the IWM available on CD-ROM @ £22GBP at www.microform.co.uk

Look under whats new.

Are we looking at the same pages.

I'm seeing

Order Number: R97604

Type: archive

Title: Diaries from the Somme

Related Names: Brown, Malcolm, 1930-

Imperial War Museum (Great Britain)

Description: 3 reels (i.e. microfilm)

Series: War diaries from the Imperial War Museum

Notes: Collection of diaries from military personnel providing a diverse but accurate representation of the Somme campaign (July-Nov 1916), offering descriptions of preparations, morale, fatalities and conditions. From the Imperial War Museum.

Guide by Malcolm Brown, Honorary Fellow in First World War Studies, University of Birmingham.

E-Resource: http://www.microform.co.uk/guides/R97604.htm

Subject(s): HBDW1 : European history

1DDF : France (UF Corsica; Monaco)

Price Band:

B: £65/$125 per unit

OR inder "forthcoming publications"

Order Number: D97604

Type: archive

Title: Diaries from the Somme

Related Names: Brown, Malcolm, 1930-

Imperial War Museum (Great Britain)

Description: ? CD-ROMs

Series: War diaries from the Imperial War Museum

Notes: Collection of diaries from military personnel providing a diverse but accurate representation of the Somme campaign (July-Nov 1916), offering descriptions of preparations, morale, fatalities and conditions. From the Imperial War Museum.

Guide by Malcolm Brown, Honorary Fellow in First World War Studies, University of Birmingham.

E-Resource: http://www.microform.co.uk/guides/R97604.htm

Subject(s): HBDW1 : European history

1DDF : France (UF Corsica; Monaco)

Price Band:

D: £45/$90 per unit

This says £65 on Microfilm OR £45 on CD ROM (when published)

Am I missing something?

None the less it does sound interesting.

Martin

Firsthand accounts of forty soldiers & others involved in perhaps WW1's hardest fought campaign, from 1 July to 19 November 1916.

Facsimiles & transcripts of entries from the original diaries held at the IWM available on CD-ROM @ £22GBP at www.microform.co.uk

Look under whats new.

Do you have a copy and can you comment on the documents ... such as length, whether new material or available elsewhere etc ...

Many thanks.

Jonathon

Looking at the website the advert "does exactly what it says on the tin". They are repros & transcriptions of stuff held at IWM archives. Website has full details of what's on (but not number of pages).

Presumably one only gets the hefty discount by quoting the code from the advert.

John

Hi All

I'v not got it yet. I phone them up today to see how you get a copy you have to send a cheque to Microform Academic publishers for £22.00 and quote AR/4Q. Address is on there web page cheers Roy

Well, I hope the IWM are making some money from the sale of these things given that they have collected and must maintain these items.