Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Pelsall, Walsall

oderf

For anybody searching for family members who died during the Great War that came from Pelsall in Walsall, I would recomend them to have a look at "The True and Faithful Men" by Ken Wayman.

I managed to get it through the library, I found it very facinating, and, infact found avery detailed piece of information on my Grandfather on when and where he died. From this i was able to trace back to my great Grandparents on both my Grandfathers and Grandmothers side.

hello Nigel

Whether there is anyone in the area now i don't know, if you know of anybody by the name of "Gallear" in the area, they may be related to me.

Thanks.

hello Nigel

Whether there is anyone in the area now i don't know, if you know of anybody by the name of "Gallear" in the area, they may be related to me.

Thanks.

Havent heard that name but i had a quick look at your website and will have another look tonight, i know the areas well.

Ah just noticed this thread, Mob Lane School! fond memories, also the Railway, the Bush etc! Have just got hold of the book, It's a tremendous bit of research, well worth the tenner.

Dave

Ah just noticed this thread, Mob Lane School! fond memories, also the Railway, the Bush etc!  Have just got hold of the book, It's a tremendous bit of research, well worth the tenner.

Dave

The name Fegga is very familiar nick name for fellows-----i wonder Dave do we know each other?

• 4 months later...
For anybody searching for family members who died during the Great War that came from Pelsall in Walsall, I would recomend them to have a look at "The True and Faithful Men" by Ken Wayman.

I managed to get it through the library, I found it very facinating, and, infact found avery detailed piece of information on my Grandfather on when and where he died. From this i was able to trace back to my great Grandparents on both my Grandfathers and Grandmothers side.

Hi

I realise this is long after the last post (!) on this topic but here goes anyhow! I'm Ken Wayman -I wrote 'The True and Faithful Men.' I still have all my research notes on my computer and they include:-

2 South Staffs Bn War Diary for 12 and 13/11/16

Relevant quotation from Chris McCarthy's excellent book, 'The Somme, Day by Day Account.'

'Walsall Observer' info from 23/12/16.

Photo showing William Gallear's name on the Pelsall Roll of Honour (presently on display in Pelsall History Centre, Church Road, Pelsall).

Since the book was written, William Gallear's name, along with many other Pelsall lads, has been added to the Pelsall War Memorial that stands in the centre of the village. I also laid a wooden cross of remembrance insccribed with Willam's details at the Thiepval Memorial on 26th October 2003.

If you'd like any of the above info, just let me know and I'll happily send it.

Ken

Thanks Ken, i've replied to you pm, thanks for writing an excellent book, i would certainly recommend it to anyone researching the great war about Pelsall.