Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Household Brigade Medal

Guest Hill 60

Anyone got any ideas what this medal was issued for? The reverse is plain, except for a wreath, and it is of a silver type metal (now tarnished). There isn't any naming on the edge.

I got it with a pair to a member of the Household Battalion.

Many thanks,

Lee (The Scar) Bradbury :ph34r:

post-8-1060357926.jpg

Guest Ian Bowbrick

Lee,

I have something similar for the MGC. About 4 years ago I spoke to Phil (Staffsyeoman) about the one I had and we were split between it being just a regimental commemorative medal and some sort of sports medal. In your case it could be the former?

Ian

Lee,

I've seen a few of these sort of medals about to different Corps, Divs etc., and on the whole they seem to be awarded for inter-Unit/individual Competitions from anything from "Harnessing and Hooking" to "Tug of War".

They were most likley left blank on the reverse, so that the event and the recipients details could be engraved on it, and so the medal could be awarded for several differnt sporting events without having to have a new design made up for each different event?

Ski :)

Ian & Ski - Thanks for the advice.

As for Chris' thoughts, well I think the sun got to him! Just by looking at the medal you can see it was plainly issued for repelling tourists from Windsor Castle B)