Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Captain T.H.P Bayetto RFC

kingsnorth36

I am just coming down from cloud nine. Today I received through the post the Memorial plaque of Tone Hippolyte Paul Bayetto. I have been searching since last year when I picked up at Aucion his Victory and War Medal, presentation inscribed baton and cabinet photo. It was a good buy !

My current hero is Derek Robertson who's wonderful site helped me to find the Plaque. If ever the medal collectng award gave out knighthoods he should have one. Now just the 14-15 Star to go.

Bayetto was a fascnating character who flew with McCudden VC and is mentioned in Flying Fury, he is credited as being the First British Pilot to triumph in Single fighter combat with an opponent, and he had several victories including surviving combat with Immelman, the Eagle of Lille.

So there is hope and people out there how understand our admiration of our flying ancestors and heroes.

Always looking to buy or swap RFC Casualty medals

What a superb find.

Congratulations :D

Great find,

Derek, you are running out of space for stars alongside your name with yet another re-unite. Just how many re-unite's have you been involved in now???

Andy