Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Military Cross ?

kingo

Am i correct in thinking that this officer, Maj HB Harrison 4th or 9th Tank battalion,previously 18th Manchester Regiment was awarded the Military Cross ?.It seems to indicate it under his name.If he was, why cant i find it listed on the London Gazette website ?

It will be there but dependant on how it is actually entered* in the Gazette,will depend on how easy it is to find,You may have to search just using 'Harrison' until you find him.

* eg:~Harold B.Harrison/Harold Bernard Harrison/H.B.Harrison;Etc;

Thanks for that Harry,have tried but it returns hundreds of pages to plough through.Does it suggest he was awarded the military Cross ?.I know he was wounded on the 1st July as a Lt with the 18th Manchesters and as far as i know didnt rejoin the Battalion.Must have transferred to the tank corp and won it there as a Major.Will just have to go for option A and search through the gazette.Just wish they would make it easier to navigate !.

.Must have transferred to the tank corp and won it there as a Major. Just wish they would make it easier to navigate !.

You & Me Both! ;)

You can restrict the years & just search from 1916 onward @ first,Hopefully a Forum member will have a copy of Tank Corps Honours & Awards! & save you a lengthy search!

You & Me Both! ;)

You can restrict the years  & just search from 1916 onward @ first,Hopefully a Forum member will have a copy of Tank Corps Honours & Awards! & save you a lengthy search!

Lately all I get at the LG search page is a start date of 1900 - can't change it any more. Any remedies?

Lately all I get at the LG search page is a start date of 1900 - can't change it any more.  Any remedies?

I have noticed that too !.Frustrating innit !

I have noticed that too !.Frustrating innit !

try searching for military cross write em all down and cross reference to the surname, takes hours but you may be lucky. Also found problems with 1900. Gareth