Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

The Forgotten Battlefield

Aurel Sercu

Apologies if this was posted elsewhere.

If my information (and of my TV magazine) is correct, "The Forgotten Battlefield" will be repeated tomorrow Tuesday 18 October, on BBC2.

12.10 pm Belgian time, so I suppose this is 11.10 am British time.

In "Meet the Ancestors".

About WW1 excavations at Boezinge (industrial estate), north of Ypres.

The programme was on before on 6 March 2002.

I am also posting this because somehow I remember that a few weeks ago (1 month ? 2 months ?) a Forum member asked if someone had a copy. (I can't remember his name, and the Search Machine does not help me out.)

His wife had inadvertently (I hope it was not deliberately !) erased the tape. Maybe this Forum member already has a new one. (I mean a copy, and I know some members are thinking now : or a new w... ! But I didn't say that!

:P

Aurel

Not me Aurel,

But thanks for the tip. Missed it first time around.

'His wife had inadvertently (I hope it was not deliberately !) erased the tape. Maybe this Forum member already has a new one. (I mean a copy, and I know some members are thinking now : or a new w... ! But I didn't say that!'

:lol:

Steve.

But I didn't say that!'

You know better, M. Sercu :D

Little trip up to Anderlecht on Wednesday, Aurel? ;)

If my information (and of my TV magazine) is correct,

Aurel

I don't think your magazine is correct. Nothing on the BBC website programme listings. It has been on fairly recently - my wife finally recognises Jacky from when we have been at the Menin Gate.

John

A NEW WIFE?

Aurel,

There is nothing wrong with your old wife, who looks pretty young to me.

I too have recognized Jacky under the Menin Gate or should I say Jacky recognized me, wearing a beret in fine weather. Unfortuinately the Last Post was spoiled by the yapping of a Scottisch terrier.

All the best,

Fred

Apologies if this was posted elsewhere.

If my information (and of my TV magazine) is correct, "The Forgotten Battlefield" will be repeated tomorrow Tuesday 18 October, on BBC2.

12.10 pm Belgian time, so I suppose this is 11.10 am British time.

In "Meet the Ancestors".

About WW1 excavations at Boezinge (industrial estate), north of Ypres.

The programme was on before on 6 March 2002.

I am also posting this because somehow I remember that a few weeks ago (1 month ? 2 months ?) a Forum member asked if someone had a copy. (I can't remember his name, and the Search Machine does not help me out.)

His wife had inadvertently (I hope it was not deliberately !) erased the tape.  Maybe this Forum member already has a new one. (I mean a copy, and I know some members are thinking now : or a new w... ! But I didn't say that!

:P

Aurel

It was me!

Happily another member sent me a copy and the lawyers have been cancelled. :D

Roy

You know better, M. Sercu 

Little trip up to Anderlecht on Wednesday, Aurel? 

Steve,

1. Yes, you know me better than I thought. Actually, I DID think it. (But didn't say it.) I just couldn't help the thought crossing my mind if erasing a WW1 programme tape somehow could be a reason for a divorce. (Sorry, Roy, it was naughty, I know, but I have a naughty mind ... :blink:

2. To Anderlecht ? No, certainly not. Why would I want to see a football game everybody knows the winner of before the game : the best team of course. Which no doubt is ... Liverpool.

("Is he serious now ? Or just being naughty again ?" Well, that's for me to know and you to guess. B)

Aurel

Thanks for posting the details of this, Aurel, because I'd have missed it otherwise. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing it. I've been following the Boezinghe thread with great interest, but to see it on film was more moving than I can say. Great programme.

Marina

Thanks for posting the details of this, Aurel, because I'd have missed it otherwise.  I thoroughly enjoyed seeing it.  I've been following the Boezinghe thread with great interest, but to see it on film was more moving than I can say.  Great programme.

Marina

I do agree

Gilbert Deraedt

I have seen it twice before but still had to watch again today :)

Steve,

1. Yes, you know me better than I thought. Actually, I DID think it. (But didn't say it.) I just couldn't help the thought crossing my mind if erasing a WW1 programme tape somehow could be a reason for a divorce. (Sorry, Roy, it was naughty, I know, but I have a naughty mind ...  :blink:

Aurel

I forgive you Aurel :)

Roy