Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Soldiers Died in the Great War 1914-19

Ladon

Does anyone have access to "Soldiers Died in the Great War 1914-19"? and if so would they mind looking up the following for me.

Lance Corporal David Duncan Page S/16536

Black Watch 9th Bn.

KIA 28/03/18 Arras

I have checked the CWGC but understand the above contains additional information.

I would be grateful for any help you can give to enable me to continue my family research.

Regards

Ladon

Additional Information

Born- Leith,Midlothian

Enlisted - Woolwich

Regards Doug.

The Scottish National War Memorial

http://www.snwm.org/

has the following on him:

Surname PAGE

Firstname David Duncan

Service number S/16536

Date of death 28/03/1918

Decoration

Place of birth Leith

Other 9th Bn.

SNWM roll THE BLACK WATCH (ROYAL HIGHLANDERS)

Rank L/Cpl

Theatre of death F.& F.

http://www.snwm.org/cgi-bin/db_w1.pl?function=view&id=125160

Steve.

PS Same battalion as my great-uncle (below) by the way...

Have you checked out his medal index card, and determined when he went to France? I know that there are photos available of the platoons of the original July 1915 men.

Ladon,

We have a Forum Member(9th Black Watch) who as his Name suggests takes a particular interest in that Battalion.

It might be worth PM'ing him from the Members Header at the top of the Web-Page as he may have supplementary information on your Relative.

Another option is to retitle your your Headline information with your Relatives Name and Regiment as there are a few Forum Members with a particular interest in the Black Watch and they will be unable to resist a look if they see the Regiment mentioned :D

George

Whereas I'll look at everything! :lol:

Steve.

PS (again) I see your relative enlisted in Woolwich. Mine enlisted in London, too, though he lived in Peterborough and wasn't at all Scottish...

Thanks for your help.

I have learnt more in the last few minutes than I have discovered by myself in the last few months.

Steve, I have the MIC at home so I shall check out the date he went to France tonight. From what I remember he had been there a few years (wounded twice in 1917). Haven't got any pictures of my Great Grandfather, although I am still searching.

Regards