Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

38877 Pte Archie Graham

sean finnis

I have a collection of artefacts from a house clearance that belonged to a 38877 Private Archibald Martin Graham, Royal Scots.

As well as his Glengarry, i have a certificate of service and discharge, and a SWB, number 240415.

Archie saw active service between 19th June 1917 and 4thSeptember 1917. he was finally discharged in May 1918 as being unfit for service.

I would love to know which battalion of the Royal Scots he served in as the paperwork gives only regiment and not battalion, and how/where he attained his wound.

Any info on this man, greatly appreciated.

Best wishes all, Sean.

Hi Sean,

The British War Medal/ Victory Medal Roll might show his battalion unless he was transferred to the Labour Corps or some other unit.

Andy

Hi Sean,

The British War Medal/ Victory Medal Roll might show his battalion unless he was transferred to the Labour Corps or some other unit.

Andy

Hi Andy, should have mentioned i have his MIC, and it does not state which battalion he served with.

Cheers, Sean.

Hi Sean,

On the MIC it will give some letters and numbers by the BWM/VM i.e. RASC/101 b 275 page 28328. This in turn you have to cross reference with a book at the National Archives which will give you the WO number to request. In this book on page 28328 you will find the Roll for his medals which should give you his battalion number.

Andy

By cross referencing with the book at the National Archives this comes out as WO329/2035. That is the document, in this case, to order and on Page 28328 it will show his entry on the roll, which, if all goes well will show his battalion. Thats the theory anyway :D

Andy

By cross referencing with the book at the National Archives this comes out as WO329/2035. That is the document, in this case, to order and on Page 28328 it will show his entry on the roll, which, if all goes well will show his battalion. Thats the theory anyway :D

Andy

Hi Andy, Thats great info, many thanks, Sean.