Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Units shown on MIC's

CROONAERT

Could anyone tell me if there is a system/order to the listing of units shown on a soldier's MIC (ie. is it first unit served with first and last, last, etc.?). I know that the first named unit isn't necessarily the one in which a soldier qualified for a medal, but is there any chronology at all in the listings or is it purely random?

Thanks,

Dave.

Could anyone tell me if there is a system/order to the listing of units shown on a soldier's MIC (ie. is it first unit served with first and last, last, etc.?). I know that the first named unit isn't necessarily the one in which a soldier qualified for a  medal, but is there any chronology at all in the listings or is it purely random?

They normally in my experience read top to bottom; ie: The 1st served with is listed @ the top & then other postings read downwards chronologically,however with any human written document there are exceptions & errors

They normally in my experience read top to bottom; ie: The 1st served with is listed @ the top & then other postings read downwards chronologically,however with any human written document there are exceptions & errors

Thanks for that. That's what I thought (feared! :D ). Ah well, further digging on a couple of cases now required!!!

Cheers,

dave.

Dave,

I always thought they were listed in order, but have become increasingly confused with the more MIC's I look at.

I've come across two that seem to list a service number that the indidivual doesn't appear to have been able to served abroad with that number (?).

Jim

They can be a bit of an anomaly,they should be viewed as they were intended as a reference to the Roll page itself & not just accepted as is,far too much emphasis is placed on the limited information on them,@ the end of the day all you really want them to do is qualify the awards issued,any extra information on them is a bonus