Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

The Rainbow Division in the Great War 1917 - 1919

Jonathan Saunders

This is a shot in the dark in case anyone has access to this book? I dont suppose it gives a roll call on the men that came to Europe with the Division?

I am looking for a chap named MOWER who I believe may have served with this Division. Probably would have been listed as "Ernest F." but possibly as "Frank".

Don't have Cooke, but I do have Americans All by Reilly. No rolls, not even an honor roll which makes this one of the more frustrating division histories to work with, although it's a good read.

Do you know what unit he served with in the 42nd?

Neil

Neil,

Thanks for your reply. I dont know for certain that he did serve with 42nd. All I know for certain is the only time he returned to Europe was with the AEF in 1917. However I was told that as he was living in Conneticut that there was a good chance he would be a Rainbow soldier. Thats why I was hoping Cooke may have included a roll of sorts in his book ... you just never know ...

Hi Jonathan,

As a Connecticut soldier he may have been in the 26th Yankee Division (New England National Guard). There is an online partial listing of CT servicemen, I will check it for you.

Take care,

Neil