Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Record of War service-London County Council Staff

Christina

Christina,

I have the original book and there is

1. Harry Tucker (1915-19); Private, Dragoon Guards; France 2 years - Tramways Dept.,

2. Harry Castledine Tucker (1916-19); Cpl. APC - Education Officer's Dept, (Central Administrative Staff),

3. Harry Edgar Tucker (1914-19); Cpl. London Regt - Teaching Staff,

All survived. Can't find a Robert,

Bob

Hi Bob

Many thanks, unfortunately not mine, he is so elusive. He was with the London County Council as a builder's labourer working on the "Lido" at Tooting Bec Common. Oh well it was a long shot, it's all just a process of elimination. Perhaps I will find his war service in the end, when I am least expecting it.

Regards

Christina

Christina,

Sorry, couldn't help, I should think as a labourer he would have been temporary & not on LCC's official staff. They must hav employment lists, though, try posting on the Forum in a different topic?

Good luck,

Bob

Just a thought, I don't think the LCC Book is too rare, but I'm happy to do look-ups for Pals,

Bob

Hi Bob

I did try the Wandsworth Council, they told me try the London County Council, that's why I put a message on the board when I heard about the CD. He probably would have been temporary, he worked on the Lido Project with his father Edwin Tucker. It was just another avenue of trying to find info and eliminate some of the possibles.

Regards

Christina