Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Private service at CWG Site

BULLDOGFOGG

Pals,

Myself and a small group of friends are visiting the Somme late Nov. We plan to hold a short service at Connaught Cem'y to commemorate my relative. The service will include a lament by a piper and the laying of a wreath. Do we have to inform anyone, CWGC at Ypres for example ?? It will only be 5 mins or so at the grave.

Regards

Kevin

Kevin

I would notify the CWGC office in France (rather than Belgium) out of courtesy and there should be no problem. This will also ensure that there is no clash with any other event.

Email faoffice@cwgc.org

Just seen this trail - I will also be leading a party to the Somme and Cambrai on 17-19th Oct 05; it is our intention to lay a wreath at the Tank Memorial at Pozieres at 1700 hrs on 18 Oct 05.

No piper but a largist group (20 people)

Not sure who cares for the Tank Memorial but should I inform anyone and if so who?

Many thanks

Stephen

The Tank Memorial at Pozieres is not a CWGC memorial but it is in their care.

This is one of a number of private memorials which are in their care by arrangement with the owners. These are termed 'Battle Exploit Memorials'.

I would also let CWGC know about your plans - just in case something else is happening that day.