Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Service Record - Thomas Bristow

susanhemmings

Again, in my stupidity and ignorance and hope: was trying to obtain ANYTHING from the National Archives for Thomas Bristow (born 1852 - my gr gr grandad) and in doing so obtained service record for a Thomas Bristow - but the one I got was for a chap who was 18 yrs and 10 months old in 1886 - so born approx. 1867 - father Henry - born Shorncliff - Kent.

Paid for this, but if anyone recognises this - will be only too happy to pass on for free to good home (am into genealogy and believe in helping others make connections).

Susan

One of my Chailey men is a Thomas Bristow but I know very little about him. If there is any reference to Chailey (Sussex) on the papers you have, then he it is almost certainly him; otherwise almost certainly not.

Hope you manage to track down the right Thomas Bristow in the end.

Paul

Paul, the papers only relate to Thomas Bristow (born approx 1867 in "shoreham" - sevenoaks Kent. by the way, my bristow's came from Limpsfield (Kent) sometimes in sussex.

This particular chap joined the Royal West Kent Regiment - maidstone on 30.6.1886

Someone out there may recognise and be very welcome to what I have gathered.

As said this chap dad name: Henry Bristow

When Thomas joined he was 5 ft 4 inches, had fresh complexion, blue eyes nd brown hair. had two scars - one left forearm and one left side of nose. C o E religion. Regiment no: 1520 - signed up for 12 years - in 1886 out 1896 - served: Gibralta, Malta, India.

Any takers?????

have managed to track down the correct family - copies of all thomas' attestation papers etc posted off to them Friday last. They were thrilled...

Susan.

Well done Susan

Makes it all worthwhile

Glyn

It sure does.

susan.