Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Private Donald Laredo

Guest Maggiemax52

Guest Maggiemax52

G'day,

I'm new to the Forum but already enjoying it immensely. My family has a long assocation with the (Australian) Armed Forces, both past and present. I am travelling to Gallipoli and Western Front next year and have been researching family members who fell in these areas. Have found 4 so far and have been able to gain a lot of info as well as photos of all but one of them. Can anyone help with a photo of Private Donald Laredo - 14th Battalion, 1st Reinforcement - A.I.F. He was wounded at Gallipoli, subsequently died of his wounds and was buried at East Mudros Military Cemetery on Lemnos Island. If anyone has a photo, or can tell me how I could locate one, I would be very grateful.

Meanwhile, congrats to those responsible for a great Forum - Keep up the good work. Cheers, Maggie

Welcome Maggie !

Be sure to visit " Utterly Off Topic " now and again as it seems lots of Aussies post there.

Regards , Roland. :)

Hi Maggie,

Welcome to the forum and the very best of luck with your search.

Andy

Guest Maggiemax52
Maggie,

Welcome. Have you tried the Australian War Museum?

I note he was wounded twice.

Aye

Malcolm

G'day Malcolm,

Yes, thanks, most of my info re service records etc. and details of woundings, burial etc. were obtained from the Aust. War Museum. They were very helpful but unfortunately no photo! I'll keep trying, Cheers, Maggie

Guest Maggiemax52
Hi Maggie,

Welcome to the forum and the very best of luck with your search.

Andy

G'day Andy,

Thanks for the welcome. I'm very much enjoying the Forum. I think I've set myself quite a challenge to find this elusive photo but I'll keep trying.

Cheers, Maggie