Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

A soldiers Diary

stiletto_33853

Dairy of a soldier at the front, Officers Cadet Battalion and as an officer.

Went overseas as an OR in the 1/8th Worcestershire Regiment with some good personnel photograghs and details of the Worcesters at the front. Then as an officer in the 11th Rifle Brigade.

Some good stuff here for collectors/researchers into the Worcesters

Andy

Dairy of a soldier at the front, Officers Cadet Battalion and as an officer.

Went overseas as an OR in the 1/8th Worcestershire Regiment with some good personnel photograghs and details of the Worcesters at the front. Then as an officer in the 11th Rifle Brigade.

Andy

ahh you were the person who purchased this item i tried at weekend a very scarce item! regards John

John,

As if I would do that to you, had it my library for a little while now. :D Just have not listed them all before.

Andy

John,

As if I would do that to you, had it my library for a little while now. :D Just have not listed them all before.

Andy

A very seldom seen book! i must admit one for which i have seached high and low for began to wonder if it had been printed! just like "Q6A and other places" and "A year on the western front"

John,

A rare book as you say, my interest is the Rifle Brigade side, although the part in the Worcesters is fascinating. Good pieces on a German trench raid and Christmas in the trenches 1915. If there is anyhting you need from the book let me know.

Andy

Andy, i have a couple of books on the 1/8 worcesters, small unit histories, if you wish for me to look at anything please let me know, best regards John

Too funny Marina,

I do have a fair few diaries, letters and Memorial books, but I think Robert's posts will keep you going for the time being. Maybe some of this book can be typed out at a future date if there is the call for it.

Andy

John,

Reading through this book again I noticed that the 7th & 8th Worcesters spent quite a bit of time in the Essex area, Brentwood, Chelmsford, Bicknacre etc. I just wondered if you had a little more on their time in Essex. Many thanks.

Andy

John,

Reading through this book again I noticed that the 7th & 8th Worcesters spent quite a bit of time in the Essex area, Brentwood, Chelmsford, Bicknacre etc. I just wondered if you had a little more on their time in Essex. Many thanks.

Andy

hi andy found 1 of my books relating to the 1/8th yes there is a half page relating to their time in Essex if you are interested

regards john

Hi John,

Yes I would be interested in the /8th time in Essex.

Many thanks.

Andy

• 4 months later...

Thread being closed down for look ups due to recent events on the forum and the lack of respect shown by certain members

Andy