Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Juicy stuff!

paul guthrie

Reading In Flanders Fields, Leon Wolff. He mentions trial and acquittal of Lt. Malcolm for killing Count de Borch for trying to seduce his wife while he was at the front. the cad! I would do the same if he tried to seduce one of my puddy cats! What's the story?

I think this was the subject of a piece in one the Sunday supplements recently, written by Malcolm's son and doubtless ending 'for the full story buy the book, out now'. I never got around to reading the article.

Jock

This was serialised as "Book of the Week" on Radio 4 a few months ago.

Kate seems to remember that the family home of Lt. Malcolm was at Yelvertoft, Northants.

She reminds me that our cat Desmond also hails from Yelvertoft ....

Guest FRANKBARTHOLOMEW

What a strange coincidence. I borrowed that very book from my local library last week. I'm thoroughly enjoying reading it. Great stuff!

Frank,

Could you tell me if it was Yelvertoft please. I know it was a local village, and Lt Malcolm indulged in the life of a country gent, spending most of his time riding to hounds. I believe he went back into the Army after the trial, but to the same unit?

Well what happened at the trial? All I know is he was acquitted. Any real defense or just on the ground he needed killing. As in the answer to the old question " Why can you get one year for killing a man and five for stealing chickens in Kentucky?" Because we aint got no chickens what need stealing.

Oh the trial was very interesting. The Tuesday radio installment was entirely devoted to the trial. :rolleyes: