Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

CWGC Site.

Bob Coulson

Bob.. bit later and yes it is still off line....

Have been trying to use http://www.anzac.org/ which Paul Reed mentioned in another thread.. unsure of accuracy but has helped, but right now that has gone belly up for me that is!

Frustrating times....

John

Just gone 21:30 hrs and the CWGC site is still down and has been since about 14:00 today. I wonder if this has anything to do with the upgrades?

Been down most of the day... for such an important resource they do pick their moments...

Looking at the threads on CWGC the feelings seem to be the same.. we are too reliant upon it...

John

The CWGC site has been down from Thursday evening with a few patches of being back online.

This seems to be a problem at the hosting company. CWGC's email system is down also.

Can't find out the cause of the problem until Monday but it has nothing to do with the new site as that is held by another company.

The test site to which I have access is working fine - sorry!!!

The CWGC site is operational again this morning.

The downtime was due to a catastrophic failure at the hosting company that affected several of their clients including CWGC. Intermitent interruptions may still occur.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I too had this problem at the same time as you did.

However, there IS a back way into the site, or should I say a mirror of the site in the past.

I successfully managed to access a past version of the database from when it was archived.

This doesn't only work for the CWGC site but for any site that has been archived.

This service is available at:

The Internet Archive Website

All you do is copy and paste the website address of the site you want to see a past version of into the box on the Archive site. That way, it doesn't matter if the site you are after is offline or not, as someone else is (in effect) hosting it. This has saved me from tearing my hair out several times in the past.

Carolyn

:)

This site is a very useful back-up for many sites.

However, please be aware that the dates given for updates are the dates on which the site was modified and NOT necessarily the date on which the database was updated.