Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Pte Percy Grange, ASC

andyhallam

Hi,

I have just acquired a trio: 1914-15 star, Victory medal and British War Medal and his silver Imperial Service Badge. Named to Private Percy Grange of the ASC, M2/034604. I have downloaded his medal card which tells me that he entered France on 26/2/1915. I know that the M2 means that he was in the Mechanised Transport part of the ASC. I know that he survived the war because of 'Class Z' on MIC.

Can anyone help me on anything else, such as which company he was in, which Army he was attached to. Any light you can shed would be gratefully received.

Many thanks

Andy

If you look up the actual medal roll from the index you may find the company he was in written on the page somewhere - my Grandfathers was at the top of the page and finally confirmed the meagre information I had to that point so worth a try! It will be at the PRO and be under WO section.

Mir-cat

Andy

welcome to the forum.

can you put a copy of the MIC on - someone may recognise some detail you have overlooked

In my experience, I have found the 14 and 14/15 star rolls show more details. For the coldstream gds (my interest) the victory roll only shows a differant rank (where relevent) to the MIC or medals and no battalion details - mores the pity:(

Ian