Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Fenland Masons

Mark Hone

A bit of a long shot, but does anyone know anything about the 'Fenland Masons', who are down to be participating in the Menin Gate Last Post ceremony on Sunday 23rd October? I usually try to contact any other groups taking part on the same night as us as a matter of courtesy and to ensure that we don't get in each other's way with wreath laying, exhortation etc; with luck easing the burden on Jacky and his colleagues. I assume that this group is a Masonic Lodge but can't find a contact address for them on the internet. Last year there were three other groups taking part on the night we did it, but unfortunately the school party who we had all agreed beforehand would recite the exhortation didn't turn up .

A bit of a long shot, but does anyone know anything about the 'Fenland Masons', who are down to be participating in the Menin Gate  Last Post ceremony on Sunday 23rd October? I usually try to contact any other groups taking part on the same night as us as a matter of courtesy and to ensure that we don't get in each other's way with wreath laying, exhortation etc; with luck easing the burden on Jacky and his colleagues.  I assume that this group is a Masonic Lodge but can't find a contact address for them on the internet. Last year there were three other groups taking part on the night we did it, but unfortunately the school party who we had all agreed beforehand would recite the exhortation didn't turn up .

Try contacting the 'head office' of the Masons in Great Queen Street, London. They will have a list of all masonic lodges and maybe a contact number for you to try. I would tell them why you want it as they can be a bit "secretive!"