Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Hollandstellung

Regulus 1

Hi,

For my bunker book on West-Flanders I'm searching for photo's of the Hollandstellung during the war.

Can anyone help me on this matter ?

Thanks and best from Johan

is there a map of the "Holland-Stellung" which shows the locations ?

This map shows the locations of the Hollandstellung bunkers that remain today in (just about!) West Flanders (there are others in East Flanders). (black squares)

dave.

post-357-1125529239.jpg

Hi,

Croonaert, very good map, there are a few more I found.

Malte, yes there is, which I will also publish, concerning the WW I maps I'm still searching one...

I have some photo's for the moment but most of them have been published before, so i'm looking for some new material or material published during the war.

Mebu,

I'm especially interested in the kind of photo's as the first one you placed here ! Thank you very much !

Malte,

Thank you very very much for these kind words on my first book ! For the moment I'm rewriting Marinekorps Flandern to publish it in 3 parts (Air - Sea - Land) which should become 3 volumes like the original one. This time in English.

I've written a number of books in the last years, and in fact all of them concern the Marinekorps one way or another.

One of them was on the 38 cm guns Deutschland, Pommern and Predikboom, which will become a full part of the book on the Landoperations of the Marinekorps.

Meanwhile I've also written an article on the Fernlenkboote and on the operation Strandfest, which seems to be the origins of close air support and air-ground coordination. Fascinating stuff I found at the great Kriegsarchiv and the Siemens archive at Munchen. These texts will also be included.

The part on the aerial operations will also become huge as I made some mistakes in the original book on the bases of the units and I was also a number of units short to be honest... :(

The one on the bunkers is going to need still over a year, as I'm working on a number of projects such as the Kagohl units, the Marinekorps book, part II of German Naval Air Service at the Western Front (as good as finished)

And yes I am most certainly interested in any photo of the Marinekorps Flandern, and certainly on Flugplatz Mariakerke. You can reach me at regulusone@skynet.be

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if this 'Hollandstellung' was inthe neighbourhood of Gent (=Ghent).

Thanks,

Gilbert Deraedt

To Johan,

Thanks for your answer.

In the harbour of Ghent, there is a remaining of a bunker. My brother is working in that area.

Gilbert Deraedt :(

• 3 months later...
Does anyone know if this 'Hollandstellung' was inthe neighbourhood of Gent (=Ghent).

Thanks,

Gilbert Deraedt

Hello,

the clossed point from Gent is Ertvelde I think. I found the line in St-Kruis Winkel until Maldegem. The stellung runs throug Ertvelde. Hopefuly it's a little help