Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Wanted! Gallipoli tour, spring 06!

chrislock

This has probably come up loads of times, but help needed now! My wife and I, wish to visit Gallipoli in spring 06. Can anyone recommend a tour company that they can personaly recommend please? Departure venues, Belgium or UK. Thanks, Chris. :)

Chris,

I don't organise tours there myself, but you contact the GBG Secretary who can put you in touch with various members of the Guild that do.

www.battleguides.org

If you don't want to go down that route then I'd recommend you get in touch with Anglia Battlefield Tours who do a tour to Gallipoli. They don't just cater for Schools and run adult tours as well.

They are a family run organisation and I know the MD personally.

http://www.angliabattlefields.co.uk/

Steve Smith

There is only spartan accomodation available on Gallipoli but if you want the sort of Tour that takes you where others dont then I recommend Len Sellers - he runs tours in May and Sept. He alternates between May/Sept the first-timer and the "advanced" tour. I think next May is a first-timer although not exactly UK Spring-time.

Cost this year was around the £700 mark. PM me if you want Len's details - he does get booked up quickly - or, big grin, I am on the Sept '05 tour and will see Len next Saturday at Heathrow and can have a word!

Steve/Jon. Thanks for your replies! I have had a rush of off forum offers and replies! I will study your sites and look into! Am very grateful for your advice! Thanks, Chris. :)