Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

CWGC Web site

chris basey

Have been trying throughout the day to get into CWGC website without success. Does anyone know if the site is down or is the problem at my end?

Still true mid-evening - and I'm becoming desperate, getting ready for a French trip. How easily addiction can arise!

I got to the main site okay, but it wouldn't allow me to search. The time is just after Noon WA time. I think we are about 7 hours ahead of you in the UK so hopefully they'll be up again for any of you wanting to do any early morning searches.

Cheers

Andrew

The site is currently off-line again - no doubt due to a problem with the hosting company.

However, the new test site is unaffected as it is held elsewhere. While the current site is out, if any Pal has an urgent 'look-up' (I stress 'urgent'), email me and I'll check it for you.

When the main site is off line, I use the Somme tourist borad website, as they have the older version of the database. It is not as good as the CWGC, but if you just want to check where a man is buried, it's fine.

See:

http://www.anzac.org/

It will not be CWGC's problem. The site is not maintained by them but by a hosting company - as with most sites including Chris'.

I think the host could have serious problems as CWGC's email system seems to have fallen over as well.