Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Poppy Wreath

Turfy

I'm visiting the battlefields in between Christmas and New year and I would like to lay a wreath or some form of tribute at the grave of my relative. Can I purchase one easily in Ypres, or is this really a silly question? :)

Turfy

The question isn't silly but why take a chance? You can order a wreath direct from the RBL and it will be delivered to your home address in plenty of time. If you phone'the number you want is: 01622 717172. Ask for a type B wreath; that is the standard poppy wreath. The RBL ask for a minimum donation of £16.50 to cover production and transport costs but you can send a larger donation if you wish

If you order it now the wreath will probably be with you in about 10 days.

Garth

Thanks for the replies, I'll go the RBL route and give a decent donation to a very worthy cause in the process

David

Turfy/David,

I know you actually need a wreath but for your info I always buy a few extra wooden/plastic crosses that are sold by the British Legion poppy Sellers in November. They are iseal for travelling as they don't take up much room in your luggage and you can leave small messages on them if you require.

Good luck with your pending trip.

Regards,

Scottie.

Good idea Scottie, I'll do that too

Thanks