Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

The action of Ayun Kara – Nov. 14th 1917

wroclaw

Hi to all

I’m doing a research about a brilliant battle fought between the New Zealanders and Turks near Ayun Kara, now in central Israel, on Nov. the 14th 1917. I already own G. Powels’s book (The New Zealanders at…) which include the battle map and main moves, and all information that could be found via Google and other main search engines. I’m looking for other (historical and personal) testimonies, pictures (I saw only one – a circle of troops around a battlefield grave) and any other info.

I’m also interested in all info about the way battlefield graves were treated and marked, and when and how they were exhumed and moved to the main military cemeteries which exist today.

I’m also now in the middle of creating a combined modern battle field map with all stages (taken from the original map), taking all battlefield photos, and searching for battle remain (unsuccessfully until now…).

Regards.

• 3 weeks later...

I have researched Ayun Kara quite extensively for my second book on the New Zealand Mounted Rifles Brigade in WW1 (the first, 'Echoes of Gallipoli: in the Words of New Zealand's Mounted Riflemen', was published earlier this year). I have many quotes from participants, and I visited the battlefield five years ago. There is too much material to send you via this forum, so, you could wait 18 months for the book, or tell me a bit more about what you want to know.

Regards

Terry Kinloch

Hi to all

I’m doing a research about a brilliant battle fought between the New Zealanders and Turks near Ayun Kara, now in central Israel, on Nov. the 14th 1917. I already own G. Powels’s book (The New Zealanders at…) which include the battle map and main moves, and all information that could be found via Google and other main search engines. I’m looking for other (historical and personal) testimonies, pictures (I saw only one – a circle of troops around a battlefield grave) and any other info.

I’m also interested in all info about the way battlefield graves were treated and marked, and when and how they were exhumed and moved to the main military cemeteries which exist today.

I’m also now in the middle of creating a combined modern battle field map with all stages (taken from the original map), taking all battlefield photos, and searching for battle remain (unsuccessfully until now…).

Regards.

I have researched Ayun Kara quite extensively for my second book on the New Zealand Mounted Rifles Brigade in WW1 (the first, 'Echoes of Gallipoli: in the Words of New Zealand's Mounted Riflemen', was published earlier this year). I have many quotes from participants, and I visited the battlefield five years ago. There is too much material to send you via this forum, so, you could wait 18 months for the book, or tell me a bit more about what you want to know.

Regards

Terry Kinloch

Thank you for your reply!

I have sent you a PM. I could also send my request via e-mail.

Regards, gal