Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Jonkershove (Flanders/Belgium)

Malte Znaniecki

• 2 weeks later...

I see egbert... your enjoying your hurricane party so much that you have to chase after me on Forum with these silly come backs. OK I see how it is..... guess who'll be laughing when Katrina sits of Mobile for three days and you can't get online! :)

Andy

Seems odd that after the apparent shelling in the area that the windmill is relatively untouched.

Hi Andy.

I don't know about this one, but it wasn't unusual for certain promenant landmarks to remain untouched. They were used for ranging the guns.

Dave.

First of all, let it be known that egbert (aka 'Eggy') deleted his post from this thread.

Dave - It would seem that a pile of rubble, or a discernable landmark would serve the same purpose (ranging artillery) and the observation distance from a structure of this height would be too significant to leave it untouched. But what you have said makes sense.

Andy

• 2 months later...

No 3

Subject:

Space of time:

Source:

Die 26. Reserve-Division im Weltkrieg 1914/18 / zusammengest. u. hrsg. v. ehem. Stabe d. 26. Res.Div. - Stuttgart : [von Stähle & Friedel], 1920

post-7367-1130857161.jpg

No 4

Subject:

Space of time:

jonkershove00345sk.jpg

Source:

Die 26. Reserve-Division im Weltkrieg 1914/18 / zusammengest. u. hrsg. v. ehem. Stabe d. 26. Res.Div. - Stuttgart : [von Stähle & Friedel], 1920