Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Come and join us !

DavidWFox

There are just a few places available - first come first served - on the Worcestershire WFA Branch Tour to French Flanders 28/9 to 2/10 this year. This is one of the great unexplored areas of the Western Front. The trip is organised with an excellent coach company, has the services of a Guild of Battlefield Guides guide, staying in Arras in a 3star Hotel on a B&B basis - cost is £250.

This is a walking tour - two guided walks per day - relaxed pace - we are not getting any younger - and will include over the 3 main days - Day 1 - French Flanders battles:Richebourg,Neuve Chapelle, Aubers, Festubert '14-15.

Day 2 - Loos '15 to incl. Loos Museum and tunnel system (tbc). Day 3 Vimy Ridge '17 -Late pm - optional trip to Thiepval and the new interpretation centre.

Please contact me by email via the Forum - I will send a Booking Form by email.

Note that there is one pickup point in Bromsgrove Worcestershire - there is free secure car parking at the coach companies premises included in price.

Any Pals who would like photos of any graves in the French Flanders area please contact me through the Forum and I'll do my best to help.

Hope to hear from some of you - we would make you very welcome.

David Fox - Worcester and Hereford WFA.

All

Thewre may be a fault on my email server - try dfdl10453@blueyonder.co.uk to contact me.

Cheers

david Fox

• 3 weeks later...

This trip is highly recommended. I have been on the last two annual trips with Worcester WFA and am amazed at the value. I am WFA but not Worcester branch and have always been made very welcome. The guide is first class and the preparation beyond reproach. I am going on this tour so my money is where my mouth is !

In fact if you live near Worcester, their meetings are on Fridays and well worth attending. See WFA web site for details.

A satisifed customer

Andy

You need to watch out. They're a funny lot in Worcester. Well, that is what my Herefordian wife says anyway.

Seriously, having visited the branch on a couple of occasions to give talks, I can say they are a fine, friendly bunch and I am sure this trip will be great.

Thanks Andy and Chris for your endorsements.

Still a few places left - but hurry if you want to join us.

Price is still £250 - itinary as per first thread.

Hope to hear from some of the Pals.

Cheers

David Fox

All places now taken - we will be planning another tour for 2006 no doubt - I will put a thread up on the Forum in better time next year.

Thanks for the interest,

regards

Dave Fox