Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Bois de Bernafay

jdajd

What are people's opinions on this B & B. I think I would rather stay at a locally owned "home" then a heartless corporate hotel and I want to choose a good oen. I found this one by accident and before I request a room I wanted to take a sounding first. Any help or opinions are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Jon

Excellent - Jean-Pierre and Christine are really friendly people, speak good English, serve a super breakfast and the accommodation is good; neat, clean rooms, with your own basic kitchen to use if required, plus lounge, videos, and you also have the benefit of staying on the front line area itself.

However, because it is so good it gets very popular, so I would make a booking ASAP.

For more info see:

http://www.somme-1916.com/bernafaywood.htm

Agreed with Paul, we first met Jean-Pierre some years ago and Christine and the family are charming. We have only stayed there once (we usually rent a house) and it was a memorable night - we had the place to ourselves apart from some very wild winds. The Mattes will make you very welcome.

This is the best around Somme.

Returning to the place on a dark March night is a wonderful feeling of isolation and their breakfasts are great!

We always stay local to put something back into the community, however, make sure your feet are clean before you go in and watch out for the jam quiz!

A great place to stay.

Tony

Stayed there with my wife and in laws about two years ago as I took them round the Somme on a short break and agree it was a friendly place and perfectly located.

Although I have never stayed there, I have heard very much praise of it of guests coming from there. No point in asking for vacancies for July 1st ,2006 as they are booked up since more than a year. They are both French but Christine speaks very good English, so no language problems at all.

When they last visited Christine mentioned that they were thinking of expanding the B&B. However, I don't know whether they have taken a firm decision on that as yet.

You definitely won't regret if you book a stay with them.

Charlotte