Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Car Crime at Thiepval

Ken Lees

Whilst I was at the Thiepval Visitor Centre yesterday lunchtime, a car was broken into on the car park. It probably happened about five minutes before I arrived (honest, guv!). The offender smashed the front passenger window on a UK registered VW Golf and made off with mobile phone, bag etc. which had been left on show.

Just a reminder that visitors need to take care what they leave on display within the car, wherever we park.

Regards,

Ken

Remember, these cases are extremely rare. Good night ... and don't have nightmares.

Good reminder Ken. I know someone who had his credit card stolen while in France visiting the battlefields. It was identical to your warning. Sadly the culprits managed to spend on the persons card before the credit card company put a block on the card. Yes, these crimes are not frequent, but they do happen.

Bill

I was down at the Thiepval visitors center today with my Fiance and her mother. Unfortunatley a Dutch registered car was a target for these oppurtunist thieves today at the centers car park. Happened between 4-5 pm (16-1700 hrs).

Crime Prevention Advice- Do not leave any property of value on display in your vehicle. Lock it away out of sight or carry it with you.

Iain

following these incidents a request to have cameras on the car park has been done

Philippe,

Thanks for the update. I was speaking to Dawn when the first of these break-ins was reported to her. When I saw your website I realised that we have met before, a number of times, at Avril's.

Congratulations on your new website. I hope you get more information to build a full picture of the village throughout the war. I am sure many members of this forum will be able to supply additional information for you.

Regards,

Ken