Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Polderhoek Chateau 3/12/1917

AGWR

Not directly relating to the attack, but here's a trenchmap extract (28NE ed.9A) for Polderhoek Chateau from Dec.1917. (German "trenches" (mainly organised shell-holes and fortified emplacements rather than trenches as such!) corrected to 5/12/17, British front-line correct to 29/11/17)...

Dave.

post-357-1122923247.jpg

Dave,

Thanks for posting this map. It's much closer to the date of the actual attack than the one that I already had.

That's quite a few pints I owe you now!

Regards,

AGWR

• 1 month later...
Hello,

Does anyone have any info/ maps relating to this attack? As always, any assistance would be much appreciated.

Regards,

AGWR

hi i have a typed diary of a new zealand machine gunner killed at this spot 2/12/17 regards John

hi i have a typed diary of a new zealand machine gunner killed at this spot 2/12/17  regards John

John,

Thanks for your posting. If you didn't mind, I would really appreciate a copy of his entry for that day. It's for a work colleague whose great-uncle was killed in the attack.

Kind regards,

AGWR

John,

Thanks for your posting. If you didn't mind, I would really appreciate a copy of his entry for that day. It's for a work colleague whose great-uncle was killed in the attack.

Kind regards,

AGWR

if you wish to send me an e-mail with your adress i will take some copies of any relevant information particuarly interesting is a letter of condolence describing how this chap died and the battle conditions etc{ brilliant typed memoir of about 90 pages won it in an auction from new Zealand, cannot for the life of me understand why nobody in new zealand was interested! it is a one-off }

very best regards john

Dear AGWR

I have War Diary entires of the Otagos for this period - quite a lot of info. If you can PM me your e-mail, I'll send on.

Regards

Andrew