Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Exposing myself to my peers (ooer missus)

steve fuller

Hi Pals

Have just finished a "story" on 15th August 1915 attacks along the Kiretch tepe Sirt in Gallipoli. Apart from awaiting confirmation on the 10th Irish's casualty figures, I think its just about done & would welcome anyones feedback, corrections of fact etc etc on it.

Its based entirely on textual "facts" so shouldnt be innaccurate, but if you spot a mistake, please let me know?

Can be found here http://bedfordregiment.org.uk/id16.html

Thanks all :D

Steve

I've only read half as I was quite knackered last night, but I like what Ive read, the background set thescene well... good work.

Steve,

have read some of it, but after two working days (both very busy) i can't concentrate so have saved it to read later today or tomoroow but so far very good,

thanks

Mandy

Steve,

Well done, what an effort.

Hello

Heartiest congratulations.

Scholarly and interesting piece.

Not a theatre of War I know much about but will now start a serious

read stimulated by your piece.

Can you recommend any reading material for a general overview

of the campaign?

Regards,

Bob

Well, thank you kind sirs & ma'ams. B) . No errors then? Blimey ...

Bob - the theatre is full of astounding pieces mate & thoroughly worth the effort & read. In 8 months, the armies seem to have collected a huge amont of heriocs, medals, determination against adversity, hopelessness, and some lovely anicdotes. Athough I dont have them, the tracts I have from Hickey's & Travers books look incredible.

The 10th Irish extracts that Liam Curran sent me are really harrowing and touched me quite deeply if Im honest, but almost any personal letters included in Regmnt histories etc are well worth the read. I could have copied the irish text verbatim (if it was appropriate & allowed!!!) as it is so powerful & the hoplessness really got to me :rolleyes: (Cheers again Liam!!)

I guess any battalion that served there, and one of their officers wrote a book afterwards, is gonna be worth the read really. Webster (the Beds) is a bit dry but gives the picture & Rimmers book dedicated to his son (again on the Bedfords) carries personal letters etc, making it a decent read.

Be warned though, once it gets you, itll have you hooked mate!!!!!!!!

Steve,

Well done Sir,

A great read; informative and enjoyable

Best regards

Michael D.R.

Coming from you sir, I consider that a great accolade. Thank you B)

I know pretty much nowt about Gallipoli .. but I enjoyed this.

Hat is off to you.

Website is coming together great too.

Des

Steve,

Well done, great effort. Gallipoli not my strong point at all but nicely put together.

Andy

As with Michael, praise from a couple of "sweaty's" is really appreciated :D . So the hours of baggy eyes & headaches are paying off then ... thanks guys.

"Be warned though, once it gets you, itll have you hooked mate!!!!!!!! "

... yes, probably the most dangerous thing about Gallipoli ...

eric

"Be warned though, once it gets you, itll have you hooked mate!!!!!!!! "

... yes, probably the most dangerous thing about Gallipoli ...

eric

:lol: And this is a man who would know, having scaled the heights of the Kiretch Tepe Ridge & sent me over a dozen pics of the area!!!! (Thanks eric!!)