Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Bersaglieri Cyclist

roger

It's taken me ages to finish this figure and it's not the best pic in the world but it is an unusual subject so I think it is worth sharing.

Roger

post-261-1122035756.jpg

Nice job!

That's a delicate assembly job and an arkward painting task - well done.

Thank you, the spokes were individually cut from wire and glued into place. Not an enjoyable experience but I think the end result is worth it :D

Roger.

Wish I still had the eyes for it. The whole standard of models and modelling has improved so much since I last lifted a brush to paint one.

Did win the prize for the best single figure and best in show in the Spanish nationals in 1978 though.

Did win the prize for the best single figure and best in show in the Spanish nationals in 1978 though.

I haven't entered any of my models in shows. What won you best of show?

Roger,

it was a Rifleman of the 95th Regiment, later Rifle Brigade, 1815, in 75mm from Hinchliffe - I was doing Napoleonics then.

Don't have the eysight to do these now and if I did the wife would never leave me in peace to do it.

It's taken me ages to finish this figure

Roger, it does seem like ages ago we were playing the "Guess-the-Bits-'O'-Figure" game.

Nice to see it finished, excellent job as usual.

Any chance of a shot of the other side, we cant see his Plume from this angle?

Mark.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies. Sorry about the delay in responding, I've been away at sea for a month.

The cyclist is a 90mm kit by Friulmodel. Not a surprisingly an Italian manufacturer.

I'll post a pic of the other side soon.

Roger

• 2 months later...
post-261-1130164055.jpgpost-261-1130164084.jpgpost-261-1130164101.jpgI know I said soon but here are some pics showing the cockerel feather plume, as you can see photography is not a strongpoint of mine.

post-261-1130164055.jpgpost-261-1130164084.jpgpost-261-1130164101.jpgI know I said soon but here are some pics showing the cockerel feather plume, as you can see photography is not a strongpoint of mine.

Even with the pictures as you say being not your strongpoint- It's a very good model - impressive. Let us all see when you have done another ...please

Cheers Spike. I suppose it's more the camera than the photography but I was trying not to blame the tools :D

I just ordered this figure, hope my turns out half aswell as the ones shown on the manufacturers website.

link

Roger

Cheers Spike. I suppose it's more the camera than the photography but I was trying not to blame the tools :D

I just ordered this figure, hope my turns out half aswell as the ones shown on the manufacturers website.

link

Roger

As an electrician can I say, :D ALWAYS blame the tools. Then charge more.....

Let us see your finished figure of this new one, as you say if it looks half as good as the website.

Whadya think, field cap or Tschapka?

Tschapka , definitely Tschapka

Mainly because if I'm pronouncing it right, it's a strange word to say....Tschapka...Tschapka B)

Edited by spike10764

Tschapka it is then :D

I can't wait to get started again the Bersaglieri cyclist was the last figure i painted and it seems like ages ago. Cutting the spokes from wire and gluing them in place put me off modelling for awhile my eyes went a bit :blink:

Roger.

Mainly because if I'm pronouncing it right, it's a strange word to say....Tschapka...Tschapka B)

I work with a Pole and he laughed fit to burst at my pronunciation. I now know to call it a Chap-ka.