Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Formule Une Assevillers

ianw

Stayed for 1 night here on 1st July. Pretty easy to get to. Just head out SW past Longueval and follow the B roads down the west side of the M-way.

Problem is that if you do not access the motel from the motorway , you have to park a long way from it and then empty the car of anything worth more that 10p !

Rooms sleep 3 with only a washbasin and TV. Good showers and WC's just down the way. Decor is ghastly.

Price including all you can eat continental b'fast was 36 euros for the room. Great value.

Peronne with some decent restaurants is only 20 mins or so away and you can eat on site - apparently rather better than on a British M-Way.

There is a rather better Mercure motel adjacent.

Good position for Somme touring on a budget.

I stay at this mostly when i visit the bttlefield it is a problem getting to it from the motorway but you can crack it after the 3rd day.

I stay at this mostly when i visit the bttlefield it is a problem getting to it from the motorway but you can crack it after the 3rd day.

Or you can approach via Assevillers itself if you are in the southern part of the battlefield, there is separate parking for non-payage traffic, although its probably a few minutes walk from the Formule 1. Either way you can take an evening stroll to Assevillers New British Cemetery via the gate to the car park.

Regards

Simon