Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Lighthouse Keeper In Scotland

NIGEL

Need some info on a Lighthouse Keeper from Scotland between say 1900 and 1915.

Havent a clue how many Lighthouses there were then or where to look, but our man apparently joined the 25th Frontiersmen Battalion Royal Fusiliers in 1915 and went off to Africa, so even his last name may be enough to nail our man down.

Does anybody know if there are any on line records of such etc etc etc.

Don't know if he's here, Nigel - but some of the linked sites have potted histories of the lighthouses, although some are just photos - but very beautiful

Marina

Try contacting Trinity House. I imagine they have a Roll of Honour at their London HQ.

Try contacting Trinity House. I imagine they have a Roll of Honour at their London HQ.

I am extremely vague about this, but I think Scottish lighthouses are administered by an organisation known as Northern Lights or something like that.

Thanks all will try those places and see.

Terry that Lighthouse site link you gave---FASCINATING--- spent hours reading all that stuff on them Lighthouses :)

Thanks all will try those places and see.

Terry that Lighthouse site link you gave---FASCINATING--- spent hours reading all that stuff on them Lighthouses :)

Me too !

The Flannen Isles mystery had me doing all sorts of searches.Must have been some wave !

Thanks and best wishes.

Roland.