Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Army Cyclist Corps

Guest EPPSY

G'day All

Can anyone recommend any reading material that is available on the Army Cyclist Corps. I am after details of composition of the corps, down to section size if possible. Are there any unit histories for the corps & if so where are they available????

Peter

Hello Peter,

Please find below a short lineage of the Army Cyclist Corps. The corps took care of training of the divisional cyclist companies which were an integral part of divisions. There were also cyclist battalions of the Territorial Force, but these did not form part of the ACC.

Charles Messenger in his new book gives also details of the corps. Furthermore, I am afraid very little is known about the corps.

Cheers,

Wienand

Formed 7 Nov. 1914 to comprise Division Cyclist Coys and dedicated to training of overseas companies. Most Division Cyclist Coys were removed from their division from April 1916 and grouped into Corps Cyclist Bns. The ACC depot at Chiseldon was dissolved in Sep. 1917 and The Cyclist Division took the task of providing drafts for ACC. The Army Cyclist Corps disbanded in 1920.

G'day Wienand

Thank You for that info. I have not been able to get anything on the net regards the ACC.

What is the title of Charles Messenger's book please????

Regards

Peter