Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Swansea Pals.

Sgt_Hazell_Great_Grandson

Does anybody have any information of men who fought for The Swansea Pals from Mumbles.

Thanks, Roland.

hiya roland,i have the book,the swansea pals,are you looking for anyone in particular,bernard

hiya roland,i have the book,the swansea pals,are you looking for anyone in particular,bernard

Bernard, i am totally in love with The Gower Coast , especially Caswell Bay.

I am interested in men in general from this area who fought and died in The Great War.

Thanks for any help.

Kind Regards, Roland.

roland,if you send your e.mail address.i will scan the entire nominal roll for the cardiff pals,it includes the name,rank,number and address of all those from 1915,plus next of kin,bernard

roland,if you send your e.mail address.i will scan the entire nominal roll for the cardiff pals,it includes the name,rank,number and address of all those from 1915,plus next of kin,bernard

Most kind.

Roland.

Roland

The author of "Swansea Pals", Bernard Lewis, is a Forum member. Drop him an email or PM - I'm sure he'll share anything he has (he's dead helpful!)

John

The book does mention a few Mumbles lads who became Swansea Pals. The expert on Mumbles lads in general (i.e. including those who fought with other units) is John Powell who runs a shop in the village. I think he's got a web site - give me a day or so and I'll dig it out - I think it includes info on a lot of Mumbles lads.

Bernard

Got it quicker than I thought. Have a look at:

http://www.mumbles.gov.uk/

And it takes you to the local Council web site - hanging off that is a blob by John Powell and his wife that covers several aspects of Mumbles including Great War info. Hope that helps. If I can assist in any other way please let me know.

Bernard

Oi Hartley! I might be helpful (thanks) but I'm not dead yet! (I know 'cos I checked with the wife..)

Bernard

Many thanks for all the help.

Bernard, thanks for the Mumbles link.I have spent many happy times in the town and on the beaches and now take my own family back for visits.

Kind regards, Roland.