Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Trenches

Conor Dodd

Could anyone tell me where the following trenches were as far as I know they were all in the same location :

Palz Trench

Weimar Trench

Potsdam Trench

Could anyone tell me where the following trenches were as far as I know they were all in the same location :

Palz Trench

Weimar Trench

Potsdam Trench

There is a Potsdam Trench that ran parallel with Frankfurt and Munich Trenches approx 1km ENE of the centre of Beaumont Hamel village ((Trench)Map Ref: 57D SE ,square Q6a 6:3 and running south for approx 400m).

Is this the area you were thinking of?

Dave.

I amn't sure this relates to the Royal Dublin Fusiliers War diary of late March/early Febuary 1917. There is a small sketch of the Trench and it appears that there was Potsdam trench in front with Palz and Weimar behind.

I amn't sure this relates to the Royal Dublin Fusiliers War diary of late March/early Febuary 1917. There is a small sketch of the Trench and it appears that there was Potsdam trench in front with Palz and Weimar behind.

Here's the one near B.H.

Have you any idea of the rough whereabouts of the one you're after. (Quite a few trenches have their names duplicated in different parts of the Western front - see "Yorkshire Trench" on this map ?, "Bayernwald" is a few miles to the south also).

If you can let me know roughly where to look, I'll see what I can find.

Dave.

post-357-1119469408.jpg

There was a "Potsdam Trench" in Verdun... it was located west from Fort Douaumont (based on a map from 22 May 1916).