Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Imperial Camel Corps

Sue Light

While I was in London yesterday, I passed the ICC memorial in Victoria Embankment gardens. I've attached a photo, with apologies for the 'people' [nothing to do with me!] but it was so busy and difficult to snap anything that didn't include an ice-cream. I did take photos of the names on the panels - they're very small, but most are visible, and include Australians and New Zealanders. If anyone would like an image of the plaques, drop me an email and I'll send them.

Sue

Sue

Thanks for the posting.

A good pic for a caption competition?

Dave

Caption competition

1st Lady: "What's it say on that fine t- shirt she's wearing?"

2nd Lady: " Have you Forgotten Yet ".......... :o

Nice picture Sue.

Or 'I know it's hot enough for Egypt, but I thought the lack of sand might deter them... '

Anyway, here's one of the details below the camel

Sue

Sue,

I pass this every day - superb pics! My heartfelt request would be for the panel with the Machine Gun Companies' names on, if you would be so kind?

My heartfelt request would be for the panel with the Machine Gun Companies' names on, if you would be so kind?

Phil

I don't know if you got my email about sending it off list. Anyway, I'll post the photo here, although having reduced it, the names will not be very clear.

Sue

Sue,

As I am writting the history of the Camel Corps I also would like a close view of all the names on the monument.

I have photos from mates but none with a close look at all names.

I then can check them against the names given to me by the CWGC.

Cheers

S.B

• 2 weeks later...
Sue,

As I am writting the history of the Camel Corps I also would like a close view of all the names on the monument.

I have photos from mates but none with a close look at all names.

I then can check them against the names given to me by the CWGC.

Cheers

S.B

Hi Steve have you read the book A Fighting Colonel of Camel Corps the life story of Lt Col De Lancey Forth DSO and Bar MC 1879-1933 of the Manchester and the Egyptian Army. cheers themonsstar

Sue,

Any chance of the panel with 2. Lt. Thomas Rowland Smith on it? Could he be on the one above - it looks like C.R Smith but I could be wrong.