Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Vivaldi's

stevew

Just returned from a trip to the Salient.

I took Peter up on his offer of a beer and I am glad I did.

I for one had no complaints with either the service or the food.

We had 3 meals and on each occasion the staff were friendly and polite. Peter did his best to check that everything was ok, and in fact spoke to me on each of our visits. We even saw one of the waitresses whilst walking around Ieper and they said hello............

• 3 weeks later...
Good news, this was my favorite place and I am happy to see them do well.

Nice to read some positive remarks on the forum

It is a kind of intrigue, reading that people are used to come to our restaurant and not knowing this people, so I really would appreciate it if next time you come to our place, you tell me who you are ;)

Kind regards, peter, vivaldi, ypres.

How about a special Forum discount , Peter !! ? Many of our members will do anything for a free beer !

From a business point of view , there are a lot of us and we come to Ypres more often than most people.

( The exception is Paul Guthrie who is a very dodgy American lawyer who should be charged double, of course )

How about a special Forum discount , Peter !! ?  Many of our members will do anything for a free beer ! 

From a business point of view , there are a lot of us and we come to Ypres more often than most people.

( The exception is Paul Guthrie who is a very dodgy American lawyer who should be charged double, of course )

Oh the Evilwhitlock! :angry: Charged double indeed! When the Bush$ is so bad it's ruinous for me over there! And taking two trips this year!

Oh the Evilwhitlock! :angry: Charged double indeed! When the Bush$ is so bad it's ruinous for me over there! And taking two trips this year!

Paul

Those poor old legs of yours must be in real bad shape, what with all that extra ambulance chasing you must be doing to fund your trips :lol:

I would have thought all that continental Q-sine would have been a bit high hat for you....no road kill cafes in this part of the world.

Andy

Paul

Those poor old legs of yours must be in real bad shape, what with all that extra ambulance chasing you must be doing to fund your trips  :lol:

I would have thought all that continental Q-sine would have been a bit high hat for you....no road kill cafes in this part of the world.

Andy

Oh, Theevenmoreevilandymax! :angry: The damn ambulances get faster as I get older but I'm agonna run em til I die! :P

• 1 month later...

Hello again,

Very busy days, so I’m a bit late… but I agree with you :)

When you give the waitress a print out of your profile on the forum when ordering your food, you get a free jupiler 20 cl draft beer for free (per main course, per person), from the house ! So we also will learn to know each other. Hope this sounds good for you? This offer is valid till December 31 2005. So I am looking forward to meeting you.

regards, peter, vivaldi, ieper

That's a fine offer, Peter. I am sure you will have some of us taking you up on it.

Chris will have to get some "Great War Forum Approved" stickers made up. Then you guys in Ypres can compete to be "By Appointment" to the Forum !

As for that ambulance chasing medicine show lawyer claiming poverty , well that just about takes the biscuit. Let's up the ante - charge him treble and make him pay for the beer !

Oh the Godlesswhitlock! :angry: again! As much beer as I drink if price is tripled I'm bankruptured for sure! :( Did have a criminal come in with a good hunk of money though, it sure helps when trying to finance a battlefield habit with the Bush$ so weak! :(

Just think, if Guthrie starts hanging around with innocent folk, some of it could rub off !

I guess you would need some well heeled clients to fund a Great War touring habit and he also has an armour-plated Hummer to put fuel in at $2.50 a gallon. Cripes, I'm almost feeling sorry for him.

Actually yes. One needs to be quite careful about that. Once in a while I repressent a completely innocent person, this could be one of the times.

Shyster:- An unethical, unscrupulous practitioner, especially of law (mostly from Kentucky). Generally insists that the person they are representing are as pure as the driven snow. Employ as they will surely get you off.

Max - you are taking your life in your hands and inviting a blizzard of writs from the litigious Guthrie, However, if I am ever banged up in the US of A and as guilty as sin, my phone call will be to him. I understand he was on the shortlist to defend Michael Jackson !

Ladies & Gents,

I am lucky enough to be visiting 'Wipers' for a few days in September, could one of you kind souls give me the exact location of Vivaldi's so that I can pay a visit for my 'din dins' after the Menin Gate Ceremony?

Regards,

Scottie.

Scottie,

Walk from the Menin Gate back into the Grand Place and V's is on the left hand side of the square not as far as the Cloth Hall. A Free beer - don't forget to take a print of your forum name.

Ian,

thank you very much for the directions, i will be 'parading' there at approx 8.15pm on thursday 22nd September with a printout of my profile in my grubby mits if there are any other 'Pal's' around that day,

regards,

Scottie.

Max - you are taking your life in your hands and inviting a blizzard of writs from the litigious Guthrie,

Ian

I have had vast experience with Kentucky women and they are terrifying, the law and Mr G holds no fear for me :)

Andy

Ahah! A cornfession at last! The Evilandymax! :angry: cornfesses to vast experience with Kentucky women! Most of em about 14! He even committed matrimony with one of em, under some duress from her Pap and his shotgun! :P

Well if he comes back it had better be with someone who has a chance of his prayers being answered and that aint the GodlessWhitlock! :angry:

• 2 weeks later...
Ian,

thank you very much for the directions, i will be 'parading' there at approx 8.15pm on thursday 22nd September with a printout of my profile in my grubby mits if there are any other 'Pal's' around that day,

regards,

Scottie.

scottie,

vivaldi is closed from September 15th till 3rd of October '05, a well deserved holiday... you are always welcome at another time :)

peter

Peter,

sorry to hear that you will be closed during my visit, still we all deserve a holiday.

Can you recommend another place to dine or is that not ethical in your position? I wish to try this Flemish Stew people are talking about.

Regards,

Scottie.

Guys I can't remember the name but catty corner across Grote Markt and 2d one out from cloth hall has wonderful Flemish beef stew. It's been a couple of years but no one could be fool enough to change it. Vivaldi's was as good.

I had some superb mussels here this week and in August too, from Prince Edward Island.

Guys I can't remember the name but catty corner across Grote Markt and 2d one out from cloth hall has wonderful Flemish beef stew. It's been a couple of years but no one could be fool enough to change it. Vivaldi's was as good.

I had some superb mussels here this week and in August too, from Prince Edward Island.

Will they acknowledge schoonaerts (Vivaldi's) beer voucher :D