Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

History of the 1/5th Suffolk Regiment.

T8HANTS

Hi Pals

I am the proud owner of a copy of "The History of the 1/5th Battalion the Suffolk Regiment" published by Eyre and Spottiswoode Ltd, of London. I have had the copy for about five years, but only just discovered that I am a map missing. The map that has gone AWOL is the first map "Suvla and Anzac". Is there any kind pal who is lucky enough to have a copy and kind enough to do a photocopy or scan of the missing map that I could have please.

Thank -you Gareth.

I have a copy & will send you Photocopies,if you PM me,

The first map in mine is Hill 60 & Norfolk St [A fold out Map] then Gaza,THEN Sulva Etc,so confirm the Maps you are missing?

ATB Roger ;)

Hi Roger

Either you have been the victim of the same ghastly crime, or they never included the Suvla Anzac Map as listed in the List of Maps on page x. The hill 60 map is where mine starts as well.

Thank you for the offer, but I think you have solved where my map went, it was never there...............Unless a Pal has an edition which includes the Suvla map.

Gareth

Hi Roger

Either you have been the victim of the same ghastly crime, or they never included the Suvla Anzac Map as listed in the List of Maps on page x.  The hill 60 map is where mine starts as well. 

Thank you for the offer, but I think you have solved where my map went, it was never there...............Unless a Pal has an edition which includes the Suvla map.

Gareth

Sulva & Anzac is the 3rd Map,in my edition[1923~pencilled in!]

There are only 8 Maps listed & there all there!

I suspect an Index Printing error!

Roger

Oh hide my head in shame!!

Yes my map is where yours is, but it was slightly stuck to the one in front so I kept leafing past it, not the most informative map I have ever seen though.

Gareth